Looking for a fun recipe to celebrate 2022 with? Look no further! This rich chocolate trifle takes minimal effort but looks like it belongs at an upscale dinner party.
- 20 oz package brownie mix (or, if you’re feeling especially creative, you can make brownies from scratch!!)
- 4 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- ½ cup water
- 14 oz can sweeten condensed milk
- 20 oz cool whip
- optional toppings: bits of a chocolate bar, sprinkles, chocolate candies, chocolate syrup, maraschino cherries
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 oz of cool whip until completely mixed.
- In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture, and half of the remaining cool whip. Repeat layers. Add optional toppings. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
Review: If you like chocolate this is DEFINITELY the recipe for you! Personally, I would substitute the brownie out for fresh fruit for a lighter, less rich dessert, but that’s just my preference. 11/10 stars from the fam, so it’s definitely a win. I only refrigerated for 1 hour and it came out fine, but if you’re bringing it to a party and need it to hold its shape I’d keep it in for the 8 hours. If you’re looking for a quick recipe that looks like it took hours, this is for you!