These pink brownies are naturally pink with ruby chocolate and are great for Valentine’s Day, or just for fun! The hardest part is finding the ruby chocolate, so make sure you can track some down. These are delicious and a lovely twist on a classic dessert. I highly recommend either baking them in a heart-shaped pan or cutting them into hearts for that romantic touch.
- 2 cups ruby chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- A bit of pink or red food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Once the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat immediately.
- Mix both the sugars into the chocolate and add the eggs, one at a time, whisking constantly, until smooth.
- Next mix in the vanilla and food coloring, if you wish. Stir in the salt and flour until they’re evenly incorporated. Add the mini chips and pour the batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares or, for something with a more festive flair, heart shapes.