Graham cracker crust:
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- To make the crust, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Divide evenly, about 2-2½ tablespoons of the mixture into the bottom of each muffin liner and press with a spoon or with your fingers to compact.
- To make the filling, beat room temperature cream cheese with a hand mixer until fluffy. Beat in room temperature sour cream. Beat in the egg, sugar, and vanilla extract. Note: Room temperature ingredients help prevent lumps.
- Evenly divide, about 2-2½ tablespoons each, the cheesecake mixture among the crusts. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until they just begin to brown. Cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve plain or topped with your favorite toppings.
This recipe is probably my all-time favorite to make (and eat). What is not to love about cheesecake? Plus, these come in perfectly portioned sizes. They are definitely a favorite in my family, and they were even requested as a birthday dessert this year. Perhaps the best part about them is that when they cool, they leave an indent on top, which is great to put toppings in. They are incredibly versatile and can be topped with everything from lemon curd (my personal favorite), caramel and chocolate, fresh fruit, jam, honey, or whatever else your heart desires. This recipe comes from the food blog “Crazy for Crust” by Dorothy Kern, and on the recipe, she gives suggestions on how to make these into Snickers and Reese’s cheesecakes and even gives a S’mores cheesecake idea. The recipe is simple and fairly easy to make even for less experienced bakers, as the only equipment it requires is a mixer, a bowl, and a muffin tin, with fairly basic ingredients as well. It is a fancy yet simple dessert great for the holiday season and perfect for any occasion.